Monday, March 26, 2018

My Lover’s Diary!  

 As I sat in church this morning, these words came into my mind “guilty pleasures”. Why they came while I was in church, I don’t know. I thought about the relationships I have. Could my relationships be a Guilty Pleasure?” I have to admit they bring much pleasure to my life. The guilt that follows the pleasure is overwhelming. I searched the meaning of guilty pleasure; and found it included a sense of shame, but there is no shame in my game.

They spent over two hours on the phone. Brenda listened, he talked. He talked about his divorce, placing the blame on himself, saying he wanted to marry again. He talked about how his Dad taught him how to love a woman. He talked.  She listened. He made her laugh, a good thing. Yes, he had a way with words. He was so winning her over.

He said he liked her looks. She pretended not to understand.  He said she did not need to do much to look good. His words were practiced, ones he used often.  He studied women and played on their softness. He portrayed himself as a little eccentric. This added to the persona he built for himself. And, yes, it worked.


He started bringing little gifts to her office. He told her she was special to him. This was part of The Game.  The unexpected gifts, a single rose, a boxed lunch, a beautiful book of poetry showed thoughtfulness. She had never owned a poetry book before. He opened a new door for her.  She felt good. She started to care

 Shame that my relationship with the almighty God is in jeopardy, a conflict I deal with daily. God will allow us to do what we want, BUT there are consequences for our choices.



18 Jupiter Lane 
A timeless place of mystery, magic, and love.
 

Author TR Johnson Ford - Be Blessed with Love Always!

404-491-2933


No comments:

Post a Comment